In alignment with the shadow work lessons I have been learning this week, we got out stimulus check today and I spent the whole day managing that money and directing it where it needs to go. I really think I’m starting to get better with money management. I gave almost the entire check to my mother-in-law to cover our rent for the next few months. I also added $500 to my personal savings and allowed myself to spend $500 on myself and my kids. I think that plan sounds pretty darn reasonable don’t you think?
Since I am getting to my shadow work a bit late today, I think that I am going to try out a list making activity and write out some of the things that I wish I had been taught growing up that would have made preparing for my future a much easier task. Now that I am an adult, I can work on teaching myself the things that come up on my list so that I can make my future better than my present. I may even add to this list as more things come up. Here we go…..
Things To Teach Myself That I Wish Someone Would Have Taught Me Before I Reached Adulthood.
- How to save money.
- How to budget money.
- How to manage my bank account.
- How to pay bills.
- What is credit.
- How to get credit when you have no credit.
- How to maintained your credit score once you finally get credit.
- How to apply for a loan.
- How to buy a house/apply for a mortgage.
- How to buy a car.
- How to prioritize purchases.
- Generosity, giving something for nothing.
- Gratitude, being thankful for what I have because it truly is enough.
- How to accept change and introduce it into my life in a healthy way.
- To take risks based on reason in order to build a better future…to trust my choices.
- How to make a resume.
- How to continue my education in an affordable way.
- How to set goals (presently achievable and future) and make a strategy to reach them.
- How to stick to said strategy in the face of hardship and adversity.
- How to exist independently.
- How to turn to my community for ADVICE so I can try to help myself before simply asking for someone to clear the path for me.
- How to teach these lessons to my own children so they can have a better shot than I did.
- The difference between a need and a want.
- How to base my relationships on love, trust, common interests/mindset, friendship, and security instead of JUST security.
- How to get out of survival mode and start living.
As I said before, I will add to this list if any other thoughts come up relating to security, stability, long-term planning, success, and my future. Until then, I plan to work on parenting myself and make an honest effort to teach myself the things that I have come up with thus far.
These shadow work posts are truly for my own self discovery and development, but I thank those of you who took the time to read this. I plan to continue working with the 10 of Pentacles for the rest of the week, or until I feel that it is time for me to move onto another card/shadow aspect.
Love Always, AnxiouslyM